Wherein our heroine travels to Hangzhou, China to teach English to an assortment of various students, thanks to an... interesting approach to organization. Let us hear a great cheer for intercultural communication.

Friday, July 23, 2004
I'm not dead yet

Sorry about the complete lack of posting. Our extremely disorganized life in China is not conducive to blogging on any kind of regular basis. I am now so far behind that I've just decided to catch up once I'm back in the lovely USofA and have all the time I need.

Of course, this decision is being externally enforced by the fact that today is our last day of teaching for food, so on Monday we are hitting the road for our promised "week" of touring China. We are taking a whirlwind tour, in 4 days, of Xi'an and Beijing. Xi'an is, of course, one of the four hottest places in China, where it is always 39 C, because if it hits 40 C, they have to stop tours and it's a tourist-dependent city. While I am very excited to see the terra cotta soldiers, I am quite ready to stop being so freakin' hot all the time. I didn't know I could sweat so much.

In any case, after today, I will not really have internet access for the whole week until I am back in Michigan. You can look forward to hearing my more sane reflections on the experience then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home